News & Press,THE BIRTHDAY PRESENT

News & Press > THE BIRTHDAY PRESENT

27 July, 2015

"ENERGY CANNOT BE CREATED OR DESTROYED, IT CAN ONLY BE CHANGED FROM ONE FORM TO ANOTHER" - Albert Einstein

It was a difficult day for a jog. Fremantle, WA was gusty in nautical mood swings which are a type of sea breeze renown for knocking joy off its feet so its misery when it gets back up again. It was January 18th, 2015. My late Grandmothers Birthday. Memory and emotion found her quickly and I felt very grateful to know I had another place to go, an escape from the sluggish tug of misery. A twenty minute turn around and tears served as rocket fuel for the headwind track back to the hotel room. 

 

Imagination isn’t nothing. Its real material. An exotic material not entirely understood by 5% of Ordinary Matter in the Universe. The other 95% of the Universe may actually revere imagination so its a fabric of choice for big dreamers and a great companion for exercise. 

 

My grandparents showed so much love for their children and grandchildren they just didn’t have enough left over to give each other. When love is ignored a vacuum is created but emotions don’t cope well with space and the easy fillers are disruptive clusters like anger and frustration. Reflecting on what pulls things apart and what binds things together led me up the Dark Energy and Dark Matter alley once more where I discovered all the destructive elements in my grandparents relationship may still be at work via Dark Energy. This time it was way more serious - they were pulling the Universe apart now! Of course, all their loving parts are still keeping giant galaxies together via Dark Matter but there was an obvious imbalance. If the Universe is 27% Dark Matter and 68% Dark Energy, it is clear that Humanity has a fairly ugly track record and we need to work on loving ourselves and each other more. Another wildly romantic thought - We Can Save The Universe!

 

So I lovingly wrapped my grandmother up in the dreamers fabric and constructed a birthday present. This is what it looked like: they both recognised their ugly parts and actions and asked for forgiveness. They didn’t want to continue pulling things apart and wanted to feel the freedom of giving and receiving forgiveness and love. Forgiveness provided sweet relief to a rocky history and the Universe made a secret exchange. Dark Matter increased by 0.01% that gusty afternoon. 

 

When you’re busy creating things like a birthday present while you’re jogging you sometimes forget you are exercising. When someone asks “How was your jog?”, it’s a hesitant “ahhhh good thanks” while you’re trying to work out where it is you have actually been? Every human being on earth possesses a playground of imagination. Some days are shy, the gates are closed and not much gets out. Other days are bolder, the gates open and the world is allowed to enter. Initially, this was a VERY shy story until it was emboldened by a phone call from my Aunty (my grandparents youngest child) on January 27th:

 

“You won’t believe this!  I have had my two ex-partners call me this weekend to say sorry, tell me how beautiful I am and how much they still love me!”

 

Hard to believe but it is a true alignment. 

 

Dark Energy and Dark Matter are so far undetectable as they carry no charge and don’t emit light. Thought and emotion carry no charge and don’t emit light either yet they also seem to have expansive and gravitational effects? Fascinating enough to be invited into any playground! 

 

A note of caution to finish. Too much Dark Matter will actually cause the Universe to collapse in on itself and die so I guess there are just some crimes against humanity that can never be forgiven. 

 

“WHAT WE DO IN LIFE ECHOES IN ETERNITY” - Marcus Aurelius